The Catalogue Display of records selected on the Search Results screen has the following features. As many of the options can be switched on/off by your library, they may not all be available in the catalogue you are searching.
- The search term used for the search will be highlighted in the Search Results List, and in the display of the bibliographic record (after selecting a term on the Search Results List)
- For each record selected, both bibliographic details and item holdings information will be displayed. Your library will have decided whether to display the bibliographic details or the item information first for each record. If the record displayed is a MAB record, there may also be Tags listed from the MAB Local record that is tied to the MAB bibliographic record. The number currently in the Reservation Queue will also be displayed.
- If multiple records have been selected for viewing, the records will be displayed on a scroll-through list and each record will have a number, e.g. Number 2 of 16.
- If a single record is selected for display, Previous and Next buttons will display at the top of the Catalogue Display page to allow movement up and down the Search Results list from the selected record point without having to return to the Search Results page. The Previous and Next buttons do not display if the Display All or Display Selection buttons have been selected - it is only if a SINGLE record has been selected for display.
- Enriched Content: This button will appear if there is an ISBN on the bibliographic record. Selecting the button will retrieve from Amazon Web Services whatever information they have on the book and display it. Note: This linking may not work on slow Internet connections. Your library may also subscribe to Enriched Information services, and have another link available underneath the bibliographic information that provides additional information such as Table of Contents, Indexes, Summaries, Review Notes etc.
- ISBD Display: This button will display the record and holdings in the ISBD format. For MAB records, the display will be in the RAK format.
- Tag Display: This button will display the MARC or MAB record (if existing) with tags and subfield numbers. For MAB bibliographic records that are linked to a MAB local record, the local Tags will also display.
- Related Works: These can be accessed either by clicking on the hyperlinked term in the bibliographic record display, or by clicking on the Related Works button (if activated). Related Works display for Subjects, Series, Authors, Corporate Authors and Classifications. Your library may also have setup that the Related Works display at the end of the catalogue detail, and may also have enabled a hierarchy-level type display known as the Term Map.
- Bibliographic Links: Click on this button to view the list of all records in the link (this button is only visible if links exist).
- Hierarchy Links: Click on this button to view the records in the MAB Hierarchy (this button is only visible if links exist).
- Images: Click on this button to view the images that are tied to the record (this button is only visible if images exist). If Thumbnail Images are displayed, you can click on it to enlarge it to its full size.
- MARC XML: If activated, the record can be viewed in Marc XML format.
- Add Title to Basket: Click on this button to add the Title to the Basket/Bibliography.
- The Item Information section for each record (which can be displayed either above or below the bibliographic details) shows the list of holdings details and can include (if all options are activated by your library) Barcode, Shelf Location (multiple Call Numbers may display if they exist, but the Main Call Number will be shown first and with an *), Collection, Volume Reference (this may display as a hyperlink if applicable) and Linked Articles (if setup with a link to a URL), Branch (may be linked to a URL to display Branch information), Status and Due Date. If items are In Transit between Branches, the from and to Branches will be shown.
- If the Branches are hyperlinked, you can click on the link to view address, contact, opening hours and other information about that Branch. From the Branch details page, you may also be able to link to Google Maps for the location of the Branch.
- If items are Not for Loan you can usually see the reason why in a tooltip displayed by hovering the cursor over the Not for Loan term. There is also an optional facility which may have been switched on by your library that displays the Borrower name and Location for items on loan. If the Borrower has an Email address on their record, their name will be displayed as a link which you can click on to take you directly to your Email program with the Borrower email address filled in.
- Title Reservations or Item-Specific Reservation are possible from the Catalogue Display screen. Please refer to the Reservations topic for further information.
- A Linked Item Information section may display underneath the normal Item Information section if the linked bibliographic records contain MAB data. It displays the same data as in the normal Item Information section and includes the holdings from the linked records. You cannot Reserve items from the Linked Item Information display.
Item Information display for Serials Issues
- Some libraries may have setup groups to enable Serials Issues to be summarised for easier access in WebOPAC. These summaries can include groupings by Branch, by Branch and Year, Branch Year and Month, Branch and Month, Year and Month, Year Only, Year and Branch etc.
- If this type of grouping has been enabled, the Item Information displays will vary, but each level will be hyperlinked for access to the next or final level of the display.
- Different serial records can have different types of groups, depending on the frequency of issues.
Other Links and Features
Click to open:
Reviews and Ratings